- Gave the Borrani rims a good scrub with Gunk Green degreaser. These will need another pass but it made a difference, and at least the spoke nipples are visible now under the dirt.
- Inspected the rims – looks like they’ll polish up well and the spokes only have surface rust. The central hub might need something a bit more aggressive but I don’t believe that was ever polished from the factory.
- Finished working on the carburetors
- Fitted new choke plungers of the individual lever type. I think having individual controls will simplify the job of cable routing other components later on.
- Packaged up the incorrectly-sized main jets for return and fitted 135 main jets of the smaller, VHB-30 correct, diameter.
- Fitted new gaskets to the cap, bowl, bowl nut, choke jet, fuel connector
- Replaced accelerator pump, idle and choke jets, slides, floats and cap.
Technical Notes & Learnings
VHB-30 carbs are oddballs that use a smaller diameter main jet than other VHBs. These are M5 threaded inserts, not M6.